First of all, I want to say how very proud we were of you this past weekend. We had some friends that were getting married and decided to make the trek back up to Whitehall, Michigan to attend the wedding. Aunt Malena had graciously volunteered to babysit Neika and Zoey, which was very nice of her. I was just so worried how you would handle the drive up there. It was supposed to be about 6-1/2 hours according to Google Maps, but we had to make some extra stops so you could eat and to change your diaper. The trip ended up taking us right at 8 hours. I have to say, you handled the car ride remarkably well. You never got fussy until we were about 1-1/2 hours away. For that last part of the trip you were entertained by the awesome Ipad. What would we do without Pocket Pond? I have to say this is a great app. It pretty much is just like watching a koi pond. There are many different brightly colored fish with lily pads and bugs flying over, but when you touch the screen, it makes noises like you are splashing in the pond. For the last month or so, this has been one of your favorite toys.

Anyway, we left our house around 11 AM Friday morning after a rocky start with last minute packing and got to the hotel around 7 PM. I knew we weren’t staying in a 5-star hotel by the price that the hotel gave us, but at least it was clean. The funny part was that our room had what we all called a “pick-a-boo” shower and whirlpool. I had never seen anything like it before. You could take a bath or shower and watch TV all at the same time through a large octagon opening between the bedroom and bathroom. This came in handy while showering. I could just leave you in her pack and play and still keep an eye on you.

The wedding was Saturday at 2 PM. The bride is a veterinarian that I worked with in Michigan and her maid of honor was the practice manager at the same clinic. It was great getting to see them again. This was the first time they had met you in person. Of course, they have seen lots of pictures though. When we finally arrived at the wedding site (It was at a golf course and outside), I was so worried about you getting too cold. Good thing Daddy was thinking when we packed the car and packed the stroller too!! That way we could have you completely covered. The weather was in the 50s and was threatening to rain. It was right off Lake Michigan, which made the air feel even cooler. The ceremony was very interesting. It was officiated by a minister in the Mexican Indigenous Church. Thank goodness you slept through the entire ceremony, waking up only once with applause. You even slept through the drums! We unfortunately couldn’t stay at the reception long. I was just too worried about the temperature. We went back to the hotel and hung out there for the rest of the evening. We were back on the road again Sunday morning after a great breakfast at Perkin’s. We were back home again around 6 PM. The trip home seemed much faster than the trip up there. It was so awesome to see friends again, and we want to wish Paula and Chuck all the best!!

Posted in: Your story.
Last Modified: May 26, 2011

One comment on “Our First Family Adventure

  1. Jaime

    I loved meeting you:) You were the best!! I even put you to sleep! Guess that means I bored you!! Can’t wait to see you again!!!

Leave a reply